Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Confession: Mommy guilt edition

OK, I admit it. I don't feel the mommy guilt probably near as much as I should. For the most part I am perfectly fine with working (mostly) full time. Sometimes I even enjoy going to work for the mere fact that it's HARD being a mom. It's hard to take care of a family and try to keep the house in order. Sure I don't do it alone by any means but it's still hard, and these days work is a bit of a break for me.

But this morning....this morning was different. I was getting ready to leave as I normally do. The girl wanted a cuddle (normally can't even get a "uggie" out of her in the morning) and she held on. She held on tight, like I was about to leave her for good. SO I held on too. We cuddled as long as I possibly could. We cuddled while I put my shoes on even. Then I handed her to Adam so she could cuddle with daddy. And she screamed. "mommy....mommmmmyyyyyy....mommy" And my heart broke. Oh what I would have given to stay with her for 5 more minutes and cuddle.

This morning was hard. Of course as I suspected as soon as I was actually gone she was fine. Sat nice with Adam and watched AquaTeen Hunger Force.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love snuggly babe stories (even if it's at the expense of you feeling guilty)! :)

    ReplyDelete