I'll be honest, not only do I not have much to talk about these days, but I also used to do the majority of my blogging from work. And while I'm sure I could do it at my new job, I'm sure they'd frown on that.
Some updates in 7 quick takes form:
1. I have been at my new job for 6 weeks now, I still have mixed feelings about it but for now, it's a job. Ideally I'd like to go back to my old job and only work part time 2-3 days a week. But we'll see, they still have a lot of issues that they need to work through there before they hire people back and by the time they get it all straightened out I may decide I want to stay here. The people may not be super friendly to me but it's a stable job and I seem to be ok at it.
2. We got the girl a big girl bed. No, she doesn't sleep in it yet though. She likes to get in and out, and she likes to lay there while I read her a story but she still very much wants to sleep in her crib. I'm not going to push it at this point. I want her to be excited about it not terrified to go near it. I went with a toddler bed even though in the begining I didn't want to, but it fits great in the room with the crib in there since we will need the space eventually for baby number two...whenever that happens.
3. In the meantime, I'm on the search for some really cool "big girl bedding". I'm hoping that that will help her want to stay in her bed more if she has something cool. Besides she is still using her crib bedding and I bought that long before she was born and long before we knew she was a girl, so even though I love her bedding, I want to get her something more personal and that I think she'll love.
4. The weather here has been AMAZING lately so Adam got the girls sandbox all set up (thank you ken and gail!) And of course she loves it. I'll post some pics one of these days.
5. The girl has been sleeping like it's going out of style lately thanks to all the fresh air, and it's been wonderful. She also is getting 4 teeth right now, the eye teeth, they are at least popping through now so I'm hoping they will be done soon.
6. We have a lot of easter plans including a massive egg hunt on saturday and dinner with my family on sunday. Should be nice. Of course Adam has to work, but isn't that the way it always has to work? Stupid work alway getting in the way. Thankfully he can do flex scheduleing so he can come and watch her hunt for eggs. I will try and post pictures of that soon.
7. It's April, another new start of a new month. I'm not sure I blogged AT ALL in March but I'll try to blog more often this month. Things have been crazy around here and I imaging they will only get crazier. Since that seems to be the way life goes isn't it?
That's it. My 7 quick takes for the day. Hope you enjoyed them.