Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

What IS it about a snugly baby anyway?

Last night I was sitting in the rocking chair with Claire.  Lily had already gone to bed and Adam was down in the basement trying to recover all the data from the laptop that just completely crashed.  Claire was oh so very tired and you could see it in her eyes.  And I could hold her many ways and she just kept trying to wiggle away until I held her tummy to my chest and she just collapsed in exhaustion.  No, she did not fall asleep but her little body went limp and her head snuggled in.  She was content.  Content to sit with me and snuggle. I put my cheek on the top of her head so I could feel her soft hair and feel the heat off of her.  And we both breathed into each other.  It was a long day and at that point in time, for that single half hour of the day, I was oh so thankful for the family I have.  Thankful that even though we've had some rough times, for the most part it's been awesome.  I held her and thought about how much I loved her and how much joy she brings me when she smiles and plays.  About how much her sister adores her and wants to do everything with her.  Then I found myself thinking about what life would be like if I had never got to experience the joy and comfort of holding my almost 8 month old baby close and comfy to me.  About how some people don't get to have children, no matter how wonderful they would be as parents, or how hard they try.  I found myself feeling sad for those people.

I'm so thankful that I've gotten to take this path with my life.  To have a husband who loves and supports me and two beautiful, healthy girls.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  Sometimes you just need a snugly baby to put life into perspective for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment