Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

My take on Marriage

So take this with a grain of salt as I have only been married for 4 years, which isn't super long but it's pretty good so far.

Marriage is hard.  People tell you that but sometimes you don't really realize just how hard it is until 3:00 in the morning when your second baby is screaming for the second time that night and you are both sleep deprived and want nothing more than to just run off to Mexico....wait....I digress.  Couples fight, people fight.  When you spend as much time with the same person as you do with a husband or a wife there are bound to be some times of tension.  Times when maybe you could really just use a little vacation apart.  There are times when you both take each other for granted and times when you both need to communicate a little better.  No matter how much time passes sometimes things you say while arguing still sting and will remain a touchy subject forever.

Whoever thinks kids will fix problems in a marriage obviously don't have kids.  While I would never trade my girls and my husband for anything.  It is trying sometimes.  It's hard to remain unselfish and to think of others more than you think of yourself. (for me anyway, if you're a saint this blog ain't for you)  It's hard to remember to think positively and be kind.  It's hard to tell someone how much you appreciate them. 

But then again, nothing worth having comes easy.  And marriage can be wonderful and fun.  It's nice to have someone to complain to and to laugh with and cry with (ok so Adam isn't a cryer and he seems rather irritated when I do cry.  but the point remains)

At the end of the day I need to learn to be more kind and patient and learn to communicate my feelings with everyone a little better and that will make for a happier me, and a happier marriage.  Cause damn, I sure do love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment