Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Half Birthday!

I can not believe how fast time is going these days.  I can't believe that my baby is 6 months old.  Honestly I knew it was going to go fast and yet it felt like this day would never get here.  It's been a little bumpy at times but I think over all it's been worth it.

I don't have weight and length stats as her 6th month appointment is scheduled for next month.  Blech.

At 6 months old Claire can...

...roll over both ways (a task that lily couldn't accomplish until she was 7 months old)

...is thisclose to sitting up by herself. (Lily sat up on her own on her 6 month date exactly)

...loves to eat.  she'll eat anything you give her as well.  (((My good eaters)))

...is so easy to get her to laugh.

...is incredibly ticklish.

...prefers mommy over anyone else.

...most of the time only wakes up once a night...but will sleep through the night occasionally.

...is a great sleeper but not so great of a napper (for me anyway)  usually putting herself to sleep at night.  (Something Lily really struggled with, she had to be OUT before you could put her in the crib)

...still thinks her big sister is the coolest little girl around.

...will hopefully not have to wear her helmet for much longer as she made a VAST improvement in the first month, going from 16mm to 8mm (anything under 6mm is normal)  So she will hopefully go to part time wear sooner rather than later.

....thinks stuff feels weird without her helmet and rubs her head on the floor or you or whatever when she has it off. (I am hoping she'll adjust ok to not wearing it)

...is getting into a pretty good daily routine with her napping and eating which I think is helping a lot with her sleep at night as well.

...always wants to be a part of the action.

...puts everything in her mouth and is a faucet of drool

...isn't a big fan of "strangers"

...is a great baby that we are blessed to have in our lives!

Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment