Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up. An No I'm Not Talking About Lunch.

So I've been super busy at work lately.  It's kinda nice.  I mean it feels good to truly be needed here and know they they would struggle without me.  I like feeling needed and like it matters if I am here or not.  On the downside though, my COUPON book looks like someone attached it with a scissors and not in a good way.  I also don't have much time for emails or keeping up with my blog. Though these days I don't feel like I have a whole lot to say anyway.

On the coupon front, I'm still managing to chug along.  Last week I actually saved 47% of my bill using coupons!  I got some great stuff including $.63 Hamburger Helper, a few deodorants and body washes and stuff that were on sale AND a buy one get one free coupon with them.  So I stocked up on those.  Let's just say Adam won't have any excuse to be smelly for a while as he now has SIX deodorants waiting for him in the cupboard.  And No I don't think I'm turning into one of those people.  I don't really buy much in qty's like that actually.  Only stuff I know won't expire, soaps, diapers etc.  Yes, I'm totally justifying it.  It does make me sad though that I won't need to buy some stuff for a while  but it's also a good thing, I can start moving into the "actually spending less money cause we are stocked up on stuff already" phase.  Which is nice and will certainly make Adam happy.  But it works out great that I can kinda pick and choose and my nerdy self started a spreadsheet for prices so that I know if I'm really getting a good deal or not, as I've been burned a few times on stuff and I want to avoid that if I can.  Cause really, Just cause you HAVE a coupon for it doesn't make it a good deal.  Do your research.  Someday I hope to post some good deals on here when I can find the energy to get around to it.  There are a few good deals this week at Coborns for General Mills cereals, Pillsbury croissants, and go-gurt and stuff.

Anyway.  The girls are good.  We took a few nights to really be strict with the Baby's sleeping schedule and that seems to be working so far, she has been sleeping a little better.  Getting up earlier but at least she is sleeping all night so it's nice to get a few more hours in a row of sleep.  But man we had a few rough nights in there.  I can't believe how much she's changing every day.  Adam and I have been taking videos of her like crazy lately but they are stuck on our phones.  So one of these days I'll have to get those off and post them.  That baby has an amazing laugh.  Lily is still VERY much into the princesses.  "*poof* I change you into a beautiful princess".  Honestly I don't think I can count how many times I hear that in a day.  I'm ok with this, I get to bat my eyelashes and be beautiful for a few minutes a day anyway.

We took Lily fishing a few weekends ago, of course we didn't catch any fish but she had fun trying I think.

Adams workplace just got sold to another large bank.  So we aren't sure what that is going to mean for us...as of right now nothing I suppose.  But gradually things will probably change. I just hope that our benefits stay awesome, but I guess we just won't know until the takeover is complete and all that. 

Hmmm What else?  We had a couple of really hot days but other than that it's been so nice.  Lower 70's  I'd be totally fine with that all summer.  But eventually it's going to hit us hard I imagine.  Hoping to get to the beach and go swimming with the girls this summer too but we'll see what it brings I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment