Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

36% You say?

Yup!  That's what I said!  I saved 36% on my grocery bill this week.  I scored some AWESOME deals and saved a lot of money on stuff I would have bought anyway.  I can't tell you how much yogurt I've bought without a coupon.  Or how many ketchups I bought without thinking twice.  But THAT is a thing of the past.  Here are some highlights of this weeks shopping trip!

I went to Coborns as they do Double coupons on Tuesdays through April. (it's something they do pretty frequently actually)  ***Beware though, they only double up to 10 coupons.***

Heinz Ketchup.  Priced at $1.99.  I had a $2.00 off 1 coupon.  So in theory I made a 1 cent profit.  However the girl told me they could only scan the coupon for $1.99.  Oh darn right?  FREE

Lawrys Marinades. 96 cents each with Penny Pincher Coborns Coupon.  PLUS I had a 50 cent coupon that doubled to $1.00  I got two of these so I made 8 cents on this deal.  FREE + 8cents.

Food Club 1 Dozen eggs.  98Cents with penny pincher coborns coupon.  PLUS I had a 55cents of 2 coupon that doubled to 1.10 off 2.  for a total of 43 cents for each dozen of eggs.  (perfect for coloring eggs for Easter!)

I spent a total of 98.24.  And I saved 53.92.  I can handle that.  ALL on things I would buy anyway.  I just got the name brand instead of generic this time!

I was also complaining yesterday on Facebook about Coborns double coupon policy.  The woman told me that I can only double up to 10 coupons.  Which was true.  I was irritated because I would have done two transactions or I would have chosen different coupons to double.  But when I really sit down and look at my receipt I noticed two things.  1.  That I THOUGHT when it says they double up to $1.  I thought that meant if I had a coupon for 75cents, they would throw in 25cents to make it equal $1.00.  But that is not the case.  I had some $1.00 coupons and they gave me the full amount so I got $2.00 off on those coupons which is a pretty good deal.   2. I was irritated cause I would have picked out the highest coupons to double since I could only do 10.  Again after looking at my receipt, I noticed that their system actually does that for you!  So it went though and only doubled the 10 highest coupons!  So I actually ended up saving more money than I thought I would.

So the lesson here:  LEARN YOUR COUPON POLICIES PEOPLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment