Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fear of Success or Just Fear?

I've been wondering lately what makes me tick.  Why I start so many things and quit them.  Is it that I don't have the time or the energy it takes to do it?  I don't think so.  Is it that I am afraid of being successful?  Possibly?  Am I afraid of being a failure like I have done so many times in the past?  Most likely.

Last night Adam and I were talking about working out and stuff and the idea of a gym came up.  I went to the gym ages ago and I actually really enjoyed it (when I went that is)  I like strength training and I don't mind the elliptical.  So why when Adam gave me the go ahead to sign up am I hesitant?  I think I'm nervous that I'll start and never go, or start and go for a while and then quit.  Either way I can't seem to get myself to just relax about this and go check the place out.  I'm worried about finding the time to go and actually being consistent and going as often as I should.  I mean the VERY last thing we need to be doing is spending money on something I am afraid I won't get a use out of.

So I think I'll take a baby step and go visit the gym after work and check it out.  No harm in that, right?

1 comment: