Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blech.

The girls are sick.  Need I say more?  Yes?  OK then I will.

I actually feel pretty lucky.  Lily will be 3 just NEXT month and she has never really been sick, she's had 1 or 2 very minor colds but no puking, no diarrhea, barely ever a fever.  She is built like us.  Everyone around her can be sick and it just seems to avoid her for some reason.  So when she puked on Wednesday night after eating dinner, it was odd. But we figured she just really didn't like the asparagus that I made.  OK, don't eat it.  So she has her bath and then she pukes like 3 more times.  Insert another shower.  Then she wakes up around 2:30 in the morning and pukes a few times and I finally take her downstairs cause she is keeping the baby up so she gets to sleep on the floor with her bucket and I slept on the couch.  She puked off and on a bit throughout the day but between that she seemed fine.  All day Friday she was fine.  No puking until right before bed.  *sigh*  Then again this morning.  Then during nap time she had a major blowout and had to take a shower to get cleaned up.  She has been better since then so I'm hoping she is just about to the end of it.

Claire seems to have just a bit of a cold, raspy drippy nose and wants to sleep a lot, which is fine with me.  Seriously the girl slept til 9:30 this morning, which is SO unlike her. (No she did not sleep through the night, she got up twice) (she never sleeps through the night. LOL)

Otherwise Claire had her Physical Therapy follow up appointment yesterday and it turns out she gets to have a helmet.  I need to call and schedule the appointments to get that put on for her.  I also know it's not that big of a deal, in fact I know it's becoming more and more common.  But I can't help but feel sad about it.  Like it's my fault (please don't tell me it's not my fault, I rationally KNOW that).  I just can't get my heart to believe it.  I keep thinking...."if only I had held her differently" "If only I had been more diligent about keeping her on her left side"  Whatever.  Insurance covers most of it so I'm hoping it won't cost too much out of pocket as money has been super tight for us lately.

Anyway.  Not the most fun weekend around our house I guess.  But it's been long overdue that Lily is sick and I sorta saw the helmet thing coming.

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment