Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Running in circles

My recent ambition has been trying to get back in some sort of shape other than “round”, So I have decided to start jogging. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and I actually started the Couch to 5 K program many, many moons ago. I got about halfway thru it and I had to quit my gym membership and just didn’t continue with it. I know excuses, excuses. So this morning, with the help of my Lovely husband (thank you honey) for getting the C25K podcasts ONTO my Ipod, I got up early (5am) and I started week 1. It was nice out this morning, cool, still dark out so no one could see how stupid I looked as I’m flailing and gasping for air, or how sweaty and gross I was. I brought the dog with me and besides an incident where he purposely tried to kill me, he did pretty well. He is a little chubby himself so this will be good for him too. Did I make it the whole 30 minutes? Nope. I made it about ¾ of the way thru it and I just *couldn’t* go on any farther. My lungs hurt…badly. My calves hurt…badly (I need new shoes) But, despite all of that, I GOT UP AT 5AM, I got my butt outside and did SOMETHING, which is way more than I have been doing. So although I didn’t make it thru the entire thing I feel like I made a HUGE step this morning.

Then I got home and 10 minutes before I had to leave for work Lily woke up. I secretly like it when she wakes up before I leave so I can give her a quick hug and kiss and a get a smile in before the day starts. Her smile first thing in the morning is such a great boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment