Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

5 Week update.

Claire is 5 weeks old today.

Some highlights.

She SMILES.  Real lovely, beautiful Smiles.  And she means it.

She is slowly starting to sleep longer stretches now so that's a nice development.  My goal is to get her to go 5 hours at night in a row and then move her into her room with Lily.  I'm hoping this happens sooner rather than later.

Lily STILL adores her baby sister.  No hint of jealousy.  I'm really hoping that this keeps up.  I'm liking it a lot.

Her thrush is completely gone.  In fact I attribute that to her better mood overall lately. 

She had a Dr. Appt on Monday and she is back up past her birth weight at 9 lbs 4 ounces.  Of course the Dr. wasn't happy with the thrush progress so we got a new med for her, hence the reason it's finally gone.

We are starting to settle into our new routine at night with the girls.  Lily likes us to read her a story with Claire in their room and I'm definitely liking that routine.  It's a little more complicated with both girls but we'll work the kinks out as we go.

I honestly can't believe how different Lily and Claire are as babies.  Even the way we do things with Claire is so different.  We use different bottles....burp her differently....calm her differently.  She sleeps in our room with us, which I never wanted but sometimes it's the best option.  In fact there is a part of me that doesn't want to move her to the crib even because it's so much easier to grab her and feed her and stuff out of the bassinet and not have to get up.  But I know it's gotta be done....for all of our sanity. 

I think that's it.

We'll keep her I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment