Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Monster or Devil Child?

You be the judge.

All went well last night, besides the Monster being a little over-tired the night started off good. It came to be bedtime, and I changed her and fed her and put her to bed, she went to sleep and to bed without a fight. So did I, I was asleep by 8:30 all excited thinking this was going to be a great night! Until 11:30 when she woke up screaming bloody murder. So Adam goes in and gives her the pacifier after letting her cry for 20 minutes or so. Which of course, in turn, makes her cry harder. *side note* I remember when that used to work, it was like magic and we were so happy to go right back to sleep. Anyway. So I go in and get her...and deal with her until about 3:00 when I finally decide to feed her, so Adam got her a bottle and we fed her. But she would go right to sleep but the second you tried to lay her down in the crib her eyes would shoot open and she would scream like you were trying to kill her. Which only made me MORE frustrated. So We Let her sleep with us and really all that means is she is the only one that gets any sleep. So I am tired, frustrated and terrified at what tonight will bring.

But then this morning I wake her up after my shower and get her dressed and as I'm getting her dressed I tell her this story about how Mommy is so much nicer when she wakes her up versus when she wakes us up. I mean How would she like it if we woke her up going WAH WAH WAH...and she smiles at me, and I can't help but fall in love with her all over again.

I told Adam that the reason babies are cute is so that we don't eat our young.

We are all hoping for a better night tonight. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, definately sounds like you had a rough night. Sounds like a couple nights when we first got home from the hospital. Hopefully this is a short phase with Lily and you can get back to sleeping sound again.

    ReplyDelete