Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What IS Motivation Anyway?

I think it's something people have to have in order to workout, eat right. I have no problem finding motivation. It's keeping it that I struggle with.

My question I find myself asking myself is why can't I keep my motivation? Is the food that tempts me really that great? Is the shows on TV really better than getting a workout in?

I think my main problem is excuses. I think I could be dubbed the queen of excuses. I can always think of something else I SHOULD be doing. Like dishes, laundry, spending time with my family, etc. But really my health is important too. And I really need to learn to quit putting it on the back burner. It needs to be put on the front burner, and watched carefully, cause I'm tired of boiling over. OK enough with the puns. In all seriousness I am frustrated and angry with myself. I have committed and re-committed so many times and it makes me sad that right this moment I'm feeling motivated but in a day or too this will wear off and I'll be back down in the pits and eating everything in sight without caring.

I need to address WHY I can't stick with it. Why I have a hard time accomplishing even the smallest goal. I have even tried throwing the scale out of the picture and just going by how I feel about myself. I just don't understand the Why of it all.

1 comment:

  1. I am 100% with you on this one. When it comes to eating healthy and exercising, I start out really motivated and do well and then lose all motivation after a couple times. Usually because I don't see any results. I am apparently impatient!

    ReplyDelete