Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Simply because I have the time....

Candi posted a lot of great ideas as to topics I should cover here since I seem to have simply run out of things to talk about. So here goes. I'll pick one of hers and run with it.

Do you still have "you" time after taking care of lily and being with Adam? If so, what do you enjoy doing during that time?

Yes, I actually get a lot of me time. A lot more than I thought I would have. In the beginning not so much as they don't go to bed as early or their naps aren't as predictable. But now she goes to bed at 7:30 on the dot and Adam usually spends about an hour down on his computer so that leaves me with about an hour every night that I have to myself! What do I do? Hmmm. That's a good question. I can think of a million things I SHOULD do. Workout, read, do my nails, take a long bath etc. and occasionally I do that too. But most of the time I take the time to clean up in peace and quiet with no one in the way, or I watch TV. (hey it's no secret I'm a TV-oholic). We are also very fortunate that we have lots of wonderful family members always willing to watch the girl for us. One weekend a month my parents take Lily for us so we can enjoy a night off and sleep in (can you say WOOT for 7AM anyone?) Or my In-Laws who take Lily for us for whole days sometimes so we can get stuff done around the house. But I suppose those don't really count as me time do they? But it's nice anyway, to spend time with Adam or just get stuff done without having to watch Adam's mini-me all the time. (I say Adam's since she doesn't look like him at all or anything.)

So there ya go. I do have to say that I am surprised at how much "quiet" (as I like to call it) time I actually get. It's wonderful. The best of all 3 worlds. Me, Mother, Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment