Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

4 week update.

So Claire is 4 WEEKS old.  How on earth have I managed to survive 4 whole weeks?  Only 2 weeks til I go back to work.  I really can't believe it.

Some updates.

She is getting better about sleeping at night.  She still wakes up every 2-3 hours for food but she goes back down pretty easy at least.

She still is super fussy from about 7-10ish or so at night.  She wants to be held and bounced.  We oblige her but it does get old.

Adam and I are not sleeping in the same room.  I take baby duty at night in the bed and he sleeps on the couch.  When I go back to work, this arrangement will end.

On a brighter note....she occasionally smiles now....I'm sure that she still has no clue what she's doing but I soak it in in hopes that she will genuinely smile at me one of these days.  *heart melt*

She is starting to find her voice.  She occasionally lets out a coo here and there and it seems to surprise her. 

The girl loves to lay on her tummy, something Lily never liked to do.  So this is nice.  Hopefully her head will stay this nice round shape that way.

Lily is still madly in love with her little sister.  She hugs her and kisses her and helps me with her.  And as of now I have yet to see an inkling of jealousy from her....she even shares her "B" with her.

She has Thrush.  Which is weird...I never even knew bottle fed babies could get thrush.  So it goes.  We went to the Dr. on Monday and she got a prescription for it.  She is also finally back up to her birth weight.

I'm definitely starting to like her more and more every day.  Her scream is easier for me to tolerate...since I'm sure I'm getting used to it. 

I think I'll keep her and see what the next 4 weeks brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment