Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Weight and the New Mom

So I doubt it's a big secret that I have struggled with my weight.  Sounds stupid right?  I am just barely over the healthy range but I just never quite feel good in my skin.  So WeightWatchers is my choice go to program.  As far as cost goes it's actually not too bad.  It's pretty easy to follow if you are feeling motivated to do so.

My highest pregnancy weight was 209.  My pre-pregnancy weight was about 168 or so.  My weight right now is 178.  So I have 10 pounds or so before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and I would ideally like to get down to right around 150 and then maybe re-evaluate my goals as far as that goes.  These days my goal is not to be a skinny, but to be healthy.  Not only for myself but to be a good example for my girls.

So I signed up for WWers last week.  Though I have to be honest.  It's not that it's hard to follow the program but I'm struggling already.  I mean I do have two small children to tend too so meal planning isn't as high on my priority list as it should be.  I'm fairly certain that when the new year rolls around Adam and I plan to kick it up into high gear.  He signed up for a program at work where he gets cash incentives to lose weight.  And while I have no cash incentive it's certainly a lot easier to follow the program when you don't have to do it alone.

I'll probably write about it here.  That way people don't get completely sick of hearing about my kids.  Because clearly I don't have much going on other than them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment