Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

38 Weeks....are you sick of these yet?

38 weeks.  Baby was full term as of last week.  But now I can say that I have less than 2 weeks! 

I had a Doctors appointment this morning at 9:15.  Let me preface with I took the day off work today so that I could cook/clean and prepare for Thanksgiving tomorrow since I had a Doctors appointment anyway.  I get there at 9, as of course you all know they tell you to be there 15 minutes early.  Normal drill I wait til 9:15 and they call me back.  I pee in a cup and she leads me to Procedure Room 1.  Procedure Room 1 huh?  I think this is pretty weird as it's like an outpatient surgery room with a LEEP machine and a Colposcopy machine and stuff.  I'm sorta weirded out by this as I've never been in one of these rooms before.  Of course I had a different Doctor than my own.  My doctor was out this week.  Ok fine.  I'll see someone else.  A man.  I'm not thrilled but whatever.  Every woman I know that has a male doctor just loves them so I'll go along with this.  It turns out he was the on call doctor from when I went to the hospital  on Saturday.  So I get undressed  and sit down with my fancy paper gown and I sit there and wait.....and wait....and wait.  The nurse pops her head in and tells me he's running late because of a surgery this morning.  Ok. I understand these things happen.  So I wait....and wait....and wait.  The nurse pops her head in again and says he's back from surgery and shouldn't be too much longer.  So I wait.....and wait.....and wait.  Meanwhile I'm sitting there have nakie with nothing to do, read, or listen too.  I couldn't even find any interesting bottle or anything to read and NO clock.  Finally I catch a glimpse of a clock on the phone....Wait.....that can't be right?  It can't REALLY be 10:30 already can it?  An hour and 15 minutes I've been sitting there.  The tears start welling up and I start wondering how long I'm going to have to sit there bored out of my mind, roasting to what feels like 100 degrees in that room with nothing to do.  I do manage to keep it together at least so I don't start crying.  10 more minutes pass before the Doctor finally shows his face.  Turns out he's nice enough but I didn't even get a "sorry for making you wait so long, things are crazy"  I mean I would have totally understood.  It's the day before a holiday and they are short staffed and he's got a woman in labor as we were talking.  But he's nice and we visit a few minutes and I kinda start to realize why women are always raving about their male doctors.  He didn't know me, I'd never met him before yet he took a few minutes to chat and explain some things to me.  He told me that had I been 39 weeks when I went in on Saturday that they'd have gotten things moving for me so I wouldn't have had to go home.  Whatever.  I don't really care.  He also told me I definitely did the right thing by going in.  He checks the baby's heartbeat, all is good.  He checks me.  Still right around 3.5 cm but he says the baby still feels kinda high.  He doesn't think I'll make it past my due date either.  Even though I know this really does mean nothing and she can come when she pleases, it still puts me at ease a bit thinking how I won't have to be pregnant much longer.  I sure do love babies but I certainly don't love being pregnant.

I got home at about 11.  I wasn't too thrilled as that was 2 hours out of my day that I could have used,  badly.  But I did manage to make some progress today.  I made the following for dinner tomorrow:

Pumpkin Pie with Struesal topping
Lemon Tart
Pecan Pie
Dressing
Green Bean casserole
Fruit Salad
Cranberry sauce

I also got all the dishes done and cleaned up the kitchen.

Tomorrow we just have to pickup and vacuum the downstairs.  I have to do a few things in the bathroom and that's it!  Besides finish making food of course.  Which is fine.  I'm excited to have people over on a holiday!  I've never hosted before and I'm happy to give it a whirl!  Hope it goes well!

I also hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving and Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment