Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

It's the little things in life....

10 things that make me happy (in no particular order)

1. Listening to my 2 year old sing.  I could listen to it all day it's just so dang cute.  Of course under normal circumstances I'd rather use 3 sets of earplugs and a few headphones to drown out the sound of a little kid singing.  But when it's your own kid, it's different.  So let's face it.  I'll be the mom that just stays to listen to my own kid at concerts and stuff and then leaves.  Sorry world.  I also won't hate on you if you don't feel the same love for my kids singing.  But for now at least. I could listen to the ABC's or Twinkle Twinkle, ALL. DAY. LONG. and never get tired of it.

2. When the dishes are done and caught up.  Now granted I fully admit that this is rarely the case in my house but I love the feeling of not having anything super important I need to do at any one moment.  Plus in general it smells better in here.  Don't judge.

3. Baby clothes/shoes.  Anyone who knows me knows I have a terrible addiction to baby clothes and shoes.  I am not generally the type to leave my babies in sleepers all day.  In fact I don't remember EVERY doing that with Lily and I highly doubt that will be the case with Claire either.  I get dressed every day and I love that my babies look good and put together too.

4. Our family cuddle time in bed before Lily goes to sleep at night.  In fact I think this is what I will miss the most about Lily being an only child.  Oh the cuddles and closeness of that half hour of family time.

5. Coffee.  Sure I've given it up many times since I seem to react not so great to the caffeine and totally become dependant on it.  It's sad when I give it up but I always come back.

6. The Wonder Pets.  Yes.  Again, don't judge.  I like the show and have on occasion watched it even when Lily was in bed. 

7. The fact that Adam likes to cuddle (sorry honey, the 3 people that read my blog now know your secret).  He may not be the most romantic man but he sure does love to cuddle and that makes me smile.

8. Fresh, clean sheets.  I don't think I need to add anything else to that one.

9. When Lily says sweet things to me like "I love you mommy" or "I so proud of you"  Or when she says completely wacky things.  Kids really do say the darndest things.

10. Chocolate.  Do I need it?  Nope but it sure would be a sad world without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment