Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Saturday

Where to start?  Hmm Let's see.  First of all and most importantly I had the most fabulous day on Thursday!  Like I really don't know what could have made it better.  I'm not sure if I had mentioned it around these parts but my company is pretty slow and Adam and I were sorta hoping I'd get laid off so that I'd be able to collect some unemployment while I was out with the baby.  We were excited and pushing for that for a couple of reasons.  Of course after talking with my boss and realizing that he wasn't planning to lay anyone off until at least after Thanksgiving, it became clear that I couldn't count on that option.  I mean what if I give birth beforehand?  I wouldn't be eligible for Unemployment then so I was sort of bummed out as I didn'tthink I was going to end up getting any pay while on leave.  Until one of the ladies from our corporate called me.  I had asked a few months ago if there was any paperwork I needed to fill out for my leave.  I didn't have any last time and so when they never got back to me I really didn't think much of it.  But she told me yes, I need to fill out a form because I was eligible for Short Term Disability.  Of course I had to ask because I wasn't eligible for Short Term Disability last time.  This is where it got interesting.  She told me actually yes, I was eligible for it last time and our old HR lady was wrong.  And that I was not the only one that got screwed out of a paid maternity leave.  In fact because I am a salaried employee I should have gotten my full pay instead of the capped amount the production employees get.  Ok.  Interesting right?

So in the end it turns out I get my FULL pay for 6 weeks (or 8 for a c-section)  I would have a waiting week but my boss said he'll pay me for it since I got screwed out of my paid time when I had Lily.  So YAY!  I'm So beyond thankful that I am getting paid for my time, and while I am disappointed that I missed out on it last time (no wonder our old HR lady got fired), I understand their reasons for not giving me the back pay.

So Adam and I decided to go out for steak to celebrate!  And as we were sitting there I was beginning to think I was starting to go into labor.  I had a lot of contractions and they were even starting to get painful.  But I drank of ton of water and then when we got home I laid down to rest and it stopped.  Which I suppose is a good thing.  But we are officially ready for her to make her appearance any time she is ready!

Today my brother and Sister-in-law were supposed to come up and spend the weekend.  But as usual Minnesota had other plans.  Snow, and lots of it.  As of this morning they had already a couple inches on the ground and it was coming down pretty hard here.  I heard later some places got like 10 inches.  I don't know for sure how much we got, it pretty much all melted as it fell around here.  We ran some errands (finally got a new laptop....LONG overdue) and when we were coming back it was starting to stick to the roads and the grass a bit more.  So tomorrow we'll take the girl out as she pestered us all day about going out to play in the "stow".

So things are good.  And I'll take it.  Now just for the waiting game.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to meet little Claire! I do hope she makes her appearance sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete